Good week? Bad week? Here’s some food for thought for the next week. Maybe it will improve your already excellent outlook on life. Let’s answer the question, “Where can I find something that will make my job a lot easier?”
If you had a wish list for an app that would make your job more efficient and free up some time, what would it look like? Maybe you’d wish for…
- Something that is web-based so everybody can see it with their computer, phone, or iPad
- Something that would decrease my liability on each project
- A collaboration tool, so I can collaborate with staff, clients, and trades
- Gives me a quick overview of all ongoing projects and what’s coming up
- An app that would track emails, messages, and other communications and assign each communication to the relevant project, maintaining a record of the communication
- Something that will keep us all on track and up-to-date on our projects – past, present, and future
- And sends notices when a task is completed
- And notifies me that the task was completed (or not)
- A complete project manager
- Something that can create all the tasks in a project and make a project schedule so I know when to expect something to be done
- And shows me a progress bar of the list of tasks
- I’ll throw this in, since we are just wishing – and creates a Gantt Chart from the list of tasks, automatically
- An app that can shift the timeline of my project if it gets off schedule, so I don’t have to change every date manually
- Can make a template of a typical project so I can re-use it on the next similar project
- A common place where I can read my supervisor’s job logs, accessible only to those with permission
- A program that has extensive permission settings, since I only want to show certain people certain things
- Has a place where only I can see certain documents
- Something that will give 24-7 access to my subs so they can refer to things like installation manuals, Pre-Construction Conference notes, Work Orders, and Purchase Orders
- Has a time tracker
- Keeps a complete list of all my staff, clients, and trades (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.)
- A place where my client and I can share contracts, photos, drawings, material information, and messages – with ease
- Can send messages to whoever I choose on my list just by putting a tick mark by their name
- Shows me the status of any of my staff
- A program where I can easily reassign all the tasks assigned to a staff member or trade, to someone else (globally) if they change positions, quit, or are dismissed
- Has a shared calendar
- Works in many languages
- Is really no-brainer inexpensive
There’s a lot more to wish for but I’m tired of wishing.
You not only get your wish, there’s a lot more you’ll get. The magic bullet is called Teamwork Project Manager.
Here’s what one enthusiastic Scientific Remodeling System member said about the program:
“Where has this been all my life? I’m just starting with it and still have some learning to do, but THIS MAY BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I’VE EVER SEEN!!! Thank you. Thank you.” And he’s still using it today.
If you’ve been following my writing for long, you know that I was a Basecamp user – till I found TeamworkPM. It has so many more features that are useful, there really isn’t a comparison. I am well aware of the KISS rule, but these are features that are useful, particularly for our industry. And they aren’t hard to learn or use.
The best way to find out more about this program is to try it. You can get a free month of the program so you can give it a thorough road test without spending a dime. Click here to get yours. Give it a try. It won’t take long to get started.
As a bonus, you can access the first 6 video tutorials that explain clearly and concisely how to get started. These videos are not generic. I made them for the construction industry. In 30 minutes or so, you should have a basic setup. Many members have already seen how beneficial TeamworkPM is and use it to basically run their business. Here’s a link to the Teamwork Project Manager video tutorials.
Good luck with your new project manager. I promise you, if you’ll invest some time in the program, you will be rewarded in the future. Nothing is free. You have to spend some time and learn the in’s and out’s of the program. You’ll quickly see how it can help automate tasks that are presently consuming so much of your time.
Envision yourself on a beach next year, checking on your jobs with TeamworkPM.
Have a great week!
Wishing you the best of fortune, Randall
Randall S Soules
Remodeling coach, adviser, and educator
My one-on-one coaching will take your remodeling business to new heights!
This article was written by Randall Soules, creator of the Scientific Remodeling System, showing you easier ways to advance your business, raise your profits, and improve your life, through the use of superior remodeling processes. If you would like to learn more about this eCourse, click here.
You are free to reprint this article as long as it is displayed in its entirety, without modification, and with a live link to ScientificRemodelingSystem.com ©2013-2014 ScientificRemodelingSystem.com